The Chinese Guanyu Zhou (Uni-Virtuosi), former leader of the championship and now second, won this Sunday the main race of the 4th round of Formula 2 in Silverstone (England).
The 22-year-old Zhou, who had come into the lead at Silverstone, is now second overall to the more consistent 20-year-old Australian Oscar Piastri. Zhou finished without points in the two races that opened the British weekend on Saturday, and in the Sunday test he recovered, but lost first place overall.
Piastri and Zhou, two drivers from the French F1 Alpine team’s youth school, are currently the best placed in the title race, often synonymous with a gateway to Formula 1.
Classification of the main race (29 laps of 5,891 km):
1. Guanyu Zhou (CHN / Uni-Virtuosi) in 51 min 7 s 552 / 1000e
2. Dan Ticktum (GBR / Carlin) at 3,828
3. Oscar Piastri (AUS / Prema Racing) at 19342
4. Richard Verschoor (NED / MP Motorsport) at 20,128
5. Robert Shwartzman (RUS / Prema Racing) in 24,775
1. Oscar Piastri (AUS / Prema Racing) 108 points
2. Guanyu Zhou (CHN / Uni-Virtuosi) 103
3. Robert Shwartzman (RUS / Prema Racing) 91
4. Dan Ticktum (GBR / Carlin) 89
5. Jüri Vips (EST / Hitech GP) 85