Jul 21 (.) – US crude stocks rose in the past week, while gasoline and distillates declined, the government’s Energy Information Administration (EIA) reported on Wednesday.
* Crude inventories grew by 2.1 million barrels in the week to July 16 to 439.7 million barrels. Analysts consulted by . expected a drop of 4.5 million barrels.
* Crude stocks at the Cushing, Oklahoma distribution center fell by 1.3 million barrels, the EIA added.
* Refining fell by 86,000 barrels per day. The utilization rate was down 0.4 percentage points for the week.
* Gasoline stocks declined 121,000 barrels to 236.4 million barrels. Analysts consulted by . expected a drop of 1 million barrels.
* Inventories of distillates, which include heating oil and diesel, fell by 1.3 million barrels to 141 million barrels versus an expected increase of 557,000 barrels, the EIA report showed.
* In the last week, net crude imports in the United States grew by 2.4 million barrels per day.
(Reporting by David Gaffen, Edited in Spanish by Janisse Huambachano)