Updated on Friday, 3 September 2021 – 09:20
The 2,680-person workforce of the Pamesa Business Group will join the 650 employees of the Azuliber Group
Industrial facilities of the ceramic group Pamesa.EM
The concentration that is being registered in the Spanish ceramic sector also translates into ever larger workforce. Pamesa’s purchase process of the Azuliber Group will mean that the business group chaired by Fernando Roig employs more than 20% of the workers in the Spanish tile sector.
At this time, the Pamesa Group workforce reaches 2,680 workers who, added to the around 650 professionals that make up the Azuliber Group will make a total of 3,330 workers, what it supposes 20% of the 16,000 jobs in the Spanish tile industry.
It should be remembered that, despite the health pandemic, the Pamesa Business Group has created jobs in the last year. Grupo Pamesa’s investment effort, in addition to generating wealth and activity, has resulted in the creation of 527 stable and quality jobs. It should be noted that these 527 jobs have been created during the pandemic months.
Currently, the Pamesa Group is made up of 2,680 employees, which represents an increase of more than 24% compared to February 2020. The 80% of workers are permanent and the remaining 20% temporary, which will become fixed once they exceed one year old.
The group has a policy of incentives that reward the growth and quality objectives set by the company and which begin to be included in the payroll after six months of service. During 2020, Pamesa distributed among its workers a total of 6,500,000 euros in incentives.
Likewise, Pamesa has spent these last months of great difficulties without performing any Type of Employment Regulation File (ERE) nor any type of Temporary Employment Regulation File (ERTE), nor is it planned to carry them out in the near future. The group’s efforts are focused on continuing to grow and meet the needs of its customers.
In addition, under the leadership of Fernando Roig and following the premises of design, avant-garde, technology and innovation, the group is committed to the environment at all levels, generating employment and wealth, making a strong investment in the environment. commitment to the environment, talent management and giving an ethical, social and economic response to society and the territory.
Group Pamesa has a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy that includes demanding policies of environmental management, equality and integration of people with intellectual disabilities.
In relation to renewable energies, the group has carried out an extensive process in its factories until reaching a predominant use of the photovoltaic solar energy for the electrical supply in its production process. With a total installed power of 17.80 Mw and a total of 95,555 square meters of solar roofs built, which will be equivalent to the electricity supply of 4,000 homes. In addition, the company avoids annually the emission into the atmosphere of 8,816 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2), which makes it a leader in the sector at a global level.
Finally, it should be noted that Pamesa maintains zero waste policy and its main areas of activity are the recycling of waste areas, the recycling of 100% of solid and liquid waste and the recovery of heat from the furnace area of the factories.
ACTION PLAN AGAINST COVID
Investment. To face the situation derived from the State of Alarm that began on March 14, 2020, Grupo Pamesa has adapted its facilities to protect the health and safety of its workers. With a cost of 1,400,000 euros, Pamesa carried out periodically during 2020, already today, a total of 21,600 antigen tests and PCR to monitor the health status of your employees. In addition, disinfection points, masks, infrared thermometers, methacrylate screens and rapid sterilization machines for personal items have been provided in all the facilities of the different brands and factories.
According to the criteria of
The Trust ProjectLearn moreSee links of interest Stage 18, live: Salas – Altu d’El Gamoniteiru Sweden – Spain, live