So far the way of The Offer It has not been easy at all, and he has already faced several complications related to his leading character. Until the beginning of the year the main role was to be played by Armie Hammer, however, after accusations that pointed to inappropriate behavior, the actor was fired. At the end of May, the production found a replacement: Miles Teller, but he would also see their luck.
Keep reading: Francis Ford Coppola is willing to go into debt to film Megalopolis
The Offer is a Paramount Plus series that will show the entire process behind the making of The Godfather – 99% of Francis Ford Coppola in 1972, and will focus the Canadian producer Albert S. Ruddy following his experience in bringing to the big screen what would become one of the most important films (or trilogies) in the history of cinema. But what about Teller (Whiplash: Music and Obsession – 94%, Divergent – 41%, Fantastic 4 – 9%)?
According to what was reported in the Daily Mail, the interpreter had refused to be vaccinated since he was already part of the project, but not only was it anti-vaccination, but he also had the luxury of not allowing him to be tested. However, on July 28, production was stopped due to a positive case of COVID, and according to an informant who works in the study, the infected person was the same Miles teller.
Continue with: Miles Teller to replace Armie Hammer in series on the making of The Godfather
Miles Teller is not vaccinated. You wouldn’t even get tested. Now he has brought the virus to the set and all the [proyecto] had to stop.
So far there has been no official report on the 34-year-old actor’s health, but his publicist, Lauren Hozempa, he contacted the same newspaper to ensure that the information shared by the informant was incorrect, although he did not specify in what sense or elaborate on any other detail.
For its part, the general editor of Variety, Kate aurthur, shared on his Twitter account that the project never stopped, but could not be sure if the Teller contagion and his denial of the vaccine and the test was true or not.
They told me that [la producción de] “The Offer” has not stopped. As for the rest, no idea!
FWIW, I’m told that “The Offer” isn’t shut down. As for the rest, no idea! https://t.co/iMEX05SclD
– Kate Aurthur (@KateAurthur) September 3, 2021
It may interest you: Armie Hammer leaves Godfather series after cannibalism scandal
But the issue of whether the production was stopped or not is full of contradictions, while some outsiders say it is not true, workers from Paramount Television Studios assure that the project was stopped as a precaution insisting that they would follow all security protocols monitoring of close the situation of Teller and the rest of those involved (via Deadline). The alleged hiatus began on July 28, and the project reportedly resumed last week.
A letter addressed to residents of an apartment complex in Los Angeles noted that from August 25 to September 2 they were filming scenes for the series there. This letter was to assure the neighbors that the entire team had undergone a test for everyone’s safety. It is not yet known exactly when the series could be released, but some of the stars that are part of the cast are Giovanni Ribisi, Colin Hanks, Matthew Goode, Juno Temple and Dan Fogler.