Various PP parliamentarians have recalled that this May 23 marks two years of approval in the Congress of the General State Budgets (PGE) by the Government of Mariano Rajoy and they have agreed that since then things have gotten “worse” and that it is necessary to return to a “solvent” government. In addition, they have highlighted that since then Pedro Sánchez has been “unable” to approve others.
Just one day after these public accounts were approved, the sentence of the first stage of activities of the Gürtel plot (1999-2005) was known, which condemned the main leaders and the former treasurer of the PP Luis Bárcenas.
The political whirlwind that caused this ruling of the National Court shortly afterwards led to the motion of censure promoted by Pedro Sánchez and that evicted Mariano Rajoy from the Palacio de la Moncloa.
Some PP parliamentarians have recalled this Saturday the approval of those PGE, which are still extended today. «Two years ago today, the last General State Budgets were approved by the hand of Mariano Rajoy “, said the senator and former president of the Canary Islands PP, Asier Antona.
In his opinion, Spain “needs to have a solvent government again.” «It is possible with Pablo Casado and the PP», he has assured. In similar terms, the former spokesman for the Popular Group in Congress and now senator for Almería, Rafael Hernando, who has pointed out that “since then, except for a few, almost everything has gotten worse”.
The canary senator Sergio Ramos, another ‘Marianist’ who was part of his cabinet in Moncloa, also recalled that on this day two years ago, the PGEs were approved that “are still in force” because, as he stressed, “when Rajoy was, he governed himself” .
For her part, the PP economy spokeswoman in the Senate, Esther de Brío, He also highlighted that two years ago of those “recovery” budgets that the minister drew up Christopher Montoro. “After the motion of censure, they have not been able to approve others, which shows that it was a scam and a farce,” they highlighted. “Another May 23,” the former Minister of Education and government spokesman with Rajoy, Iñigo Méndez de Vigo, has written briefly.
All of them The video that José A. Ramos has produced is echoed in their Twitter accounts., who was the official photographer of Mariano Rajoy between 2015 and 2018, compiling the snapshots he took that May 23. “10 days to the turning point,” he said, referring to the motion of censure.