Nicaragua confirmed a new case of coranavirus COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the number of infected to five, including one deceased and one discharged, and keeps 12 people preventively isolated in hospitals, according to the daily newspaper of the Ministry. of Health (Minsa).

The secretary general of the Minsa Carlos Sáenz, said in an appearance with official media that the new case is a 76-year-old man who recently returned to Nicaragua from the United States.

The septuagenarian suffers from multiple chronic conditions and two days after returning to Nicaragua, on the 20th, he presented symptoms, the official explained.

“It is in treatment and in a stable condition,” he said.

Another 70-year-old man, who also came from the United States, is in poor health, but stable, he continued.

Meanwhile, a 52-year-old woman who entered the United States is in stable conditions and is undergoing treatment, she added.

Likewise, it reported that the first confirmed case, a 40-year-old man who traveled to Panama, was discharged.

Last Thursday, the Government confirmed its first deceased, a 48-year-old Nicaraguan who had traveled to Colombia and “had multiple health weaknesses associated with his condition as a carrier of the HIV virus.”

NO COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION

The five confirmed cases in Nicaragua have been imported, according to the Minsa, which maintains that there have been no cases of local community transmission.

On the other hand, the health authorities assured that 12 people are still under observation and five are under house protection.

The Government has not specified the number of tests it has carried out so far and the last number offered, nine days ago, set it at 200.

Unlike the rest of the Central American countries, Nicaragua has not decreed any type of alert or emergency due to the pandemic, nor has it ordered the suspension of classes.

Nor has it restricted the entry or mobility in the territory to any traveler and has said that it will not establish any type of quarantine to those affected.

Nicaraguans have decided to act on their own based on the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), because they consider that the Government has not taken preventive measures against the pandemic, only surveillance.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here